Are you ready for all the Fourth of July festivities? Get pumped for this patriotic holiday with these fun Fourth of July desserts from the sockprints staff!
In addition to these festive treats, we have another treat in store for you, an Instagram giveaway! From today through 11:59 pm (PST) Tuesday, July 2, 2019, enter on our Instagram (@sockprints) for your chance to win three (3) pairs of no-show custom printed socks ($30+ value). One lucky winner will have the opportunity to pick from our selection of funny designs and/or create his or her own no-show custom printed socks. Don't miss out on the fun! Click here to join the giveaway.
Have a wonderful Fourth of July!
Patriotic Berry Trifle
Recipe courtesy of Six Sisters' Stuff
Hand-picked by Hayley (Co-Founder), this decadent Fourth of July inspired Patriotic Berry Trifle by Six Sisters' Stuff is perfect for large groups. Layered with a lemon-glazed angel food cake, fluffy cream cheese filling, fresh strawberries, and tart blueberries, everyone is sure to love this no-bake dessert!
For the Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 (14 oz) pre-made angel food cake
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 (8 oz) cream cheese packages (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
For the Fruit
- 4 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 4 cups blueberries
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together sugar, lemon juice, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Continue stirring over heat until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and whisk in almond extract; set aside.
- Cut angel food cake into 1-inch thick slices.
- Brush lemon glaze on each side of sliced cake.
- Cut glazed cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat together cream cheese and sugar with a mixer, on medium speed, until smooth. Add heavy whipping cream and beat until light and fluffy.
- Arrange half the cake on the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Sprinkle on an even layer of blueberries.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the blueberries and top with a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with any remaining berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving.
Red, White, & Blue Rice Krispie Treats
Recipe courtesy of Cooking with Ruthie
Simple and easy were two reasons why Kim (Production & Customer Relations; Design Development) picked Cooking with Ruthie's patriotic version of everyone's favorite Rice Krispie Treats. Dress up this classic snack with a little red, white, and blue sprinkles to get in the spirit of Fourth of July. Plus, these treats are perfect to pack on-the-go and to munch on when watching fireworks with the family.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16 oz) mini marshmallow package
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- Patriotic sprinkles (to garnish)
- Coat 15"×10" glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl, place butter and mini marshmallows. Microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted, microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half Rice Krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining Rice Krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- Cut treats into 1 inch thick strips, cut strips in half lengthwise.
- In a small microwave dish, melt white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Take each treat and cover 3/4 of the way with white chocolate.
- Return to parchment paper and add sprinkles.
- Let cool completely. Then cover airtight until serving and enjoy!
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Mixed Berry Compote
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit
Last but not least, Jann's (Co-Founder) go-to dessert for Fourth of July is this luscious Vanilla Panna Cotta with Mixed Berry Compote from the Bon Appetit recipe archives. The warm berry compote blends with the chilled panna cotta for the ultimate flavor explosion.
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 baskets of assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine (such as Moscato)
- Pour 1/4 cup cold water into small custard cup. Sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand until gelatin softens, about 15 minutes. Bring 1 inch of water in small skillet to boil. Place cup with gelatin in water. Stir until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream and 2/3 cup sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat just until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Mix in vanilla and gelatin. Divide pudding mixture among 8 wineglasses. Cover and chill until set, at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- Combine berries and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in medium bowl. Crush berries slightly with back of spoon. Mix in wine. Let compote stand until berry juices and sugar form syrup, stirring often, at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Spoon compote over puddings.